- My first recollection of being in church was . . .
As a young child, we were in church many times a week.
- The closest I have felt to God in my life was . . .
It may sound weird, but God has always felt close to me…if He wasn’t it was because I had moved not Him
- The time I have felt the greatest doubt or distance from God was . . .
Another one people may find weird, I have never felt doubt about God, I have never been mad at Him or felt like He wasn’t there even in the most difficult times (death of a spouse, death of my father)
- If I could thank God for just one incident in my life it would be. .
Giving me the parents He gave me because I am truly blessed
- If I could thank God for just one person in my faith journey it would be. . .
Mawmaw, my Mother’s. Even though she died when I was in the 8th grade, she was such an influence on me.
- If I could name a turning point in my life for my relationship with God it would be. . .
As I age I find more amazing things that I have missed along the way that are true blessings. We often miss blessings because they aren’t big or packaged like we think they should be. Too often we fail to notice all we have been given.
- If I had to tell someone why I am a Christian I would have to say. . .
I was raised to believe in God, but once old enough to know & make decisions on my own I knew what I had learned was true & that doing life without God was just not an option for me. God has seen me thru all the good, the bad & the ugly & I always say He loves us all the same NO matter what. The ugliest of the ugly & the goodest of the good He loves us all the same.